Thursday, March 17, 2016

St. Patrick's Day

Today is St. Patrick's Day and I have on my special scarf to celebrate the day!



Here is what my handler had to say today:

Rambo is subscribed to Barks & Beads Boutique's Barks Bandana Swag Bag.  He gets a new scarf and a surprise each month for only $10!  Barks & Beads Boutique is run by Kelly Lepley out of Parkville, Maryland.

Kelly has all sorts of dog and cat goodies on her site.  From bandanas to stuffed toys, she provides a variety of items so your pet can get in on the holiday fun, root for your favorite sports team or even get a Birthday Swag Bag to celebrate your pet's special day.

I found her site on cratejoy.com which has a bunch of other fun subscription options.  I absolutely love Rambo's Barks Bandana Swag Bag and look forward to each month's new shipment.  I let Rambo carry the package in from the mailbox. Then I let him tear open the package which he seems to enjoy just as much as the surprise waiting inside.  I'll post pictures when next month's swag bag comes in.

(This is not a paid endorsement.  I am sincerely recommending Kelly's site because she is awesome!)

Now, on to a Rambo tale:

Here is another case that proves my dog is smarter than I am. 

We went to the grocery store today.  It was somewhat crowded but not too bad.  As soon as we got inside Rambo had to go into a full-on shake.  I try to discourage him doing that inside public places as sometimes he will fling drool hither and yon.  It is particularly alarming in a grocery store. 

Anyway, he did his shake thing then, as he has learned to always do in a public place, he clung to my side.  He moved and swayed while I did the shopping dance which involves lots of changes of direction and careful movement by Rambo so as to not get stepped on.  He has gotten so good at this task that I often pay him little attention while my mind is on the products on the shelf.  I've come to trust him to the point that I know he will communicate through his lead if something on his level is going awry.  Not today.  He was well-heeled, as they say.

I wasn't picking up too many items so I found myself at the register after about 10 minutes.  I needed to take off my backpack to get out my grocery bags which necessitated my switching hands with Rambo's lead.  I let out some slack on the lead and heard the clip clank on the ground.  

I looked at the lead.
  
Then I looked at Rambo.

Then Rambo picked up the lead and offered it to me with big puppy dog eyes.  I know inside he was laughing at me.

That dog was off his lead the entire time we were in the store and I never knew it.  Every once in a great while his lead will pop off when he goes into shake mode.  This time I missed it.

All I needed to do was act like he was on the lead and he did the rest.  Flawlessly.


I am so lucky to have this incredible diamond-in-the-rough dog!





Barks & Beads Boutique

No comments:

Post a Comment